Monday, June 11, 2012

Long Day

Today Sophia had two appointments. One for her two month check-up complete with shots, and the second with the cardiologist. The shots went pretty well. She cried a bit, then slept a lot. She has to be the most precious thing I have ever seen in my entire life.
The cardiologist was a follow up appointment where he just went over more information and what we should look for as far as distress in her. As of now, he sees none of these signs. Knowing that the time could come where she would need surgery on her heart gripes me in fear. These moments enter quickly into my mind at the weirdest of times. When these thoughts come, they come forcefully. Paralyzing me with worry and anxiety. I have learned however, not to spend my time worrying about the what-ifs. For those of you who know me well, know this is a monumental task. Sure, I have not reached some sort of crazy Zen state where my mind is perfectly worry free. I have to make a conscious choice not to worry and to enjoy my little girl exactly how she is today. Perfect. We have weathered many a storm already, and we will weather any more that blow our way. I love her with a love I didn't know was possible and I will cherish every second watching her grow and not waste it on the what-ifs!



“Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.”


First Dosage of Vaccine
Couldn't Take pics of the shots! Too sad for mom!

How she spent her afternoon at home

1 comment:

  1. Glad the check-ups went well. Sophia you are a strong little girl. Keep looking so precious the way you do!

    ReplyDelete